Thursday 28 July 2011

TBR Thursday

TBR Thursday is a new feature where I tell you about the books I've recently added to my TBR list. I'm experimenting so I'm not sure if it'll be a weekly or fortnightly feature. I think I do actually add enough for it to be weekly, but I don't want to start something that may lose steam after a few weeks.

So first up is a book I saw on another blog, fangtastic books. It was the book cover that made me take notice. Gun and swords are alway a good thing :) I like the blue tone. This kind of cover always makes me think it's dark fantasy, which I love, but sometimes it's not.





 Irreverent. Irresponsible. Insatiable. Who says immortals can't have any fun?
 The year is 3048, Earth is no longer habitable, and man has fled to the stars where they’ve discovered the secret of immortality—Meridian. Unfortunately, the radioactive mineral is exorbitantly expensive and only available to a select few. A new class comprised of the super rich and immortal soon evolves. The Collective, as they’re called, rule the universe.

Two-thousand-year-old Ricardo Sanchez, vampire and rogue pilot of the space cruiser, El Cazador, can’t resist two things: gorgeous women and impossible jobs. When beautiful Skylar Rossaria approaches him to break a prisoner out of the Collective’s maximum security prison on Trakis One, Rico jumps at the chance. Being hunted by the Collective has never been so dangerous–or so fun!

Next on top is the Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. God I love that dress. If I was going to a fancy dress party I would want this gown. Actually I just want it full stop. Before my fantasy obsession I was obsessed with Marie antoinette, Georgina Cavendish, and the regency era, and this book cover totally appealed to that.


A tale of twelve princesses doomed to dance until dawn… Galen is a young soldier returning from war; Rose is one of twelve princesses condemned to dance each night for the King Under Stone. Together Galen and Rose will search for a way to break the curse that forces the princesses to dance at the midnight balls. All they need is one invisibility cloak, a black wool chain knit with enchanted silver needles, and that most critical ingredient of all—true love—to conquer their foes in the dark halls below. But malevolent forces are working against them above ground as well, and as cruel as the King Under Stone has seemed, his wrath is mere irritation compared to the evil that awaits Galen and Rose in the brighter world above.

Captivating from start to finish, Jessica Day George’s take on the Grimms’ tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses demonstrates yet again her mastery at spinning something entirely fresh out of a story you thought you knew.

This book had totally pasted me by. I came across it by accident while browsing over at The Book Smugglers. How on earth have I missed it? Apparently it's really gory *squees* Have I mentioned that I LOVE gory?


They'll chase you. They'll rip you open. They'll feed on you...When the sickness came, every parent, policeman, politician - every adult - fell ill. The lucky ones died. The others are crazed, confused and hungry. Only children under fourteen remain, and they're fighting to survive. Now there are rumours of a safe place to hide. And so a gang of children begin their quest across London, where all through the city - down alleyways, in deserted houses, underground - the grown-ups lie in wait. But can they make it there - alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment