Monday 25 July 2011

Review: Rebirth (Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong



Rebirth is no longer available online (so says Goodreads)


I don't really like short stories so I tend to avoid them, even if they're by my favourite author. I never know how to review them, especially ones that begin a series. Sometimes the writing is completely different than the next installment, and not in a good way. I usually only read them if I really need to for the story. I read this one because I was so confused about the reading order and the whole concept of the otherworld, and women of the otherworld series so I thought it best to start at the beginning.


To tell the truth I had no idea what was going on, and I thought it was total rubbish. The only reason I finished reading it was that it was short. If I'd seen that book cover (I read it on my kindle) I wouldn't have gone near it. And yes I am claiming it towards my reading goal!


You want to know what the story is about? Um it's about a guy who's mother tells him -on his deathbed (I think) that he won't die but become a vampire instead. However, he has to kill a person and drink their blood once a year, every year, to stay alive. He vows not to but then does so, vowing that would be the first and only time. He meets another vampire, a female and I think they team up. The end. And this is where I regret not making some kind of notes while I read, and not writing up reviews in a timely manner.


Okay, I know I'm a little rubbish at reviews but I think I hit an all time low this time. I really wouldn't bother reading rebirth (or this review for that matter) if I was you.


Rating: 2/6 - Struggled to Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment