Saturday 16 July 2011

Review: For a Few Demons More (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #5) by Kim Harrison


Witch and independent bounty hunter Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble… until now. So she's dating a vampire, lives with another one, and is hiding a deadly ancient artifact that could change Inderland society forever--so what? But now her past has caught up with her. A serial killer stalks the Hollows, claiming victims across society and igniting a vicious Inderland gang war, while the vampire master Piscary is set free, and Rachel's demonic nemesis Algaliarept has discovered a way to move freely in the Hollows and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. To stop the deadly battle for supremacy that follows, Rachel faces a terrible choice, and a bitter price almost too steep to pay.


*I'm aware that the cover above is for the hardback. I just like it way more than the other.*



****SPOILERS****


SERIOUSLY, look away now...


Wow we were really dumped into the middle of it at the start there, weren't we!

I found it a difficult to settle into Rachel this time round. I don't know why. She seemed a little whiney and purposely difficult during the dramatics with Ceri and Newt. Why was she being so awkward? She knows that Ceri is capable so why all the arsing around? I think my problem was that I'd come straight from reading justine (the disillusionist trilogy), and she's a bit more 'together' than Rachel. Actually, a lot more.

Rachel was still on Ivy's case. It's kinda lost its heat with all the toing and froing. I know they're trying to find balance, but GAH, do it already.

You still here? You probably need to look away for this next sentence...


Okay, I fess up. This isn't really a biggy. I just don't want to ruin it for anyone in case it spoils the emotional impact, if you're inclined to have one that is. I totally felt her utter dispare when she was told Brett had been killed. It was so sad. We didn't really know much about him, but come on, he only wanted a pack; to belong to someone :( I was just shocked.

I actually had tears in my eyes when rachel kicked Jenks out of the car, telling him to look after his family. I think it was because I kinda knew what was coming (YES, I refused to look away when I was told to!)

The second half of this book is by far the best of this series so far. I just couldn't put it down, every thing was just spiralling out of control and I couldn't drag my eyes away.

I think this one might be my fave of the series.

Rating: 6/6 - It Was Amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment