Monday 18 July 2011

Encouragement Needed

Ugh. I'm really struggling to finish Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I'm over the halfway mark but it's driving me crazy. I need to finish it so it doesn't end up on my December Challenge (to re-read all the books I couldn't finish during 2011).

I'd been really looking forward to starting this series and I was really excited to start the first book. I just couldn't get into it. I was hoping that it would get going and improve after a few chapters, it was the first book after all. Maybe it was me. Maybe I'd hyped it up too much in my head. Had I built it up into something it wasn't?

I can't stand Mac, and Barrons... words fail me.

Please tell me that it gets better, that it'll be worth it in the end?

4 comments:

  1. hey! i'm a new follower! love your blog and looking forward to your postings! hope you will stop by my blog and follow me! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you for following. I look forward to having a look around you blog. I love both mythology and dystopia so I'm sure I'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I know you posted this a few days ago...but I just had to comment anyway. I tried the Fever books and didn't like them.

    *ducks to avoid flying tomatoes*

    I found the female character (can't even remember her name) annoying as all get-out, and that Barron dude was a jerk. It was one of those books where I was glad I had borrowed it from the library, so I could send it back guilt-free. :)

    I risk life and limb posting this in the hopes it will appease your guilt should you decide not to finish the book...

    :)
    BJ @ Dark Side of the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you!

    I feel less abnormal now I know someone else couldn't like this book. I thought it was me, that I was missing something because so many trusted reviewers liked it.

    I am not alone! :)

    Although for some strange reason I can't quite let go just yet "/ I'll have to give it one last try.

    ReplyDelete