Friday 11 March 2011

Review: Bonds of Justice (phy-changling #8) by Nalini Singh


Description (from Goodreads)

Max Shannon is a good cop, one of the best in New York Enforcement. Born with a natural shield that protects him against Psy mental invasions, he knows he has little chance of advancement within the Psy- dominated power structure. The last case he expects to be assigned to is that of a murderer targeting a Psy Councilor's closest advisors. And the last woman he expects to compel him in the most sensual of ways is a Psy on the verge of catastrophic mental fracture.

I had a hunger for a Phy-Changeling book after reading an excerpt of Hawk's story at the end of Singh's third book in the Guild Hunter series Archangel's Consort, and I just so happened to have Bonds of Justice in my To Read Pile :) I've been reading on my kindle non stop since christmas, so it was good to finally have a real book in my hands.

I'd forgotten how much I liked reading this series. I had the book for ages but held off reading it because the main two characters weren't changelings. I've always preferred them, and their story, to the phy. So it ended up getting pushed to the bottom of the pile and was then forgotten about.

Well I was wrong. I really liked it. This series just gets better and better (despite my prejudice towards the phy). The story had more depth to it than usual, and that was because of the fact that changeling's weren't the only focus of the story. Oh there's always the two sides; phy and changeling, but usually that pairing takes centre stage. And although Sasha (phy) and lucas (changeling) were very much apart of this story, it's very much Max (human) and sophie's (phy) story.

I really enjoyed it and I regret that I left it so long. I can not wait for the next book!

Rating: 5/6 - Really Like It

No comments:

Post a Comment